Monday, 19 September 2016

Use or Refuse: Easiyo Yoghurt Maker

First off I've decided to create a series called 'Use or Refuse', which I hope will be a collection of posts dedicated to reviewing new, popular and even quirky foodie gadgets. I hope you enjoy my first post in the series and let me know if you've heard of any interesting products you want me to review. 

Now on to today's post...

I think it's fair to say I was quite a danger when the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker was posted through the door earlier this month. I've been desperate to purchase it for such a long time, but I couldn't bring myself to invest in a product which I wasn't completely sure about. However, browsing the Lakeland website the a few weeks ago, I was thrilled to find it on offer for just £8.49! I decided to snap it up before I changed my mind. Here's my experience of the product, from how it looks to how easy it is to use.

My recipe for brioche french toast which I served with some lovely Easiyo yoghurt!  


Price

As you can probably tell, I'm ecstatic over the price I paid for the yoghurt maker, considering its original price in Lakeland is £16.99. Too keep it short and sweet, price-wise I'm super impressed.

Appearance

I decided to buy the red Easiyo Yoghurt Maker (purely because it was the only colour available). Ideally, I would have wanted a classic black/white one for the sake of it not 'sticking out like a sore thumb' in the kitchen, but again for the price I got it for, I can't really complain. It's incredibly lightweight as well, and not bulky like how I initially imagined it would be.   

Usage  

Many kitchen gadgets nowadays are pretty sophisticated, but with them come detailed complex instructions for usage. The truth is you can't use the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker wrong. you just pour the yoghurt packet mix into the included container, add tap water, shake, and pop it into the yoghurt maker half filled with boiling water. That's literally it.

Taste

And, of course, the most important verdict - the taste. It's far creamier than any supermarket yoghurt. It's economical, each pack makes 1 litre of yoghurt - that's over double the amount of yoghurt you get in a regular sized tub. It's filled with healthy live bacteria and filled with protein, calcium and essential vitamins and minerals. It's also suitable for vegetarians, although not vegans. Most importantly, it's delicious. There are tons of flavours available ranging from mango, to mixed berry and even creme brûlée!  So far I've tried: Vanilla Bean Smoothie, Greek Yoghurt with Coconut and Peaches & Cream!


Have you tried the Easiyo Yoghurt Maker?

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the Easiyo Smoothie Maker and the yoghurt really does taste delicious, I totally agree! Great review :)
    - Ambar x
    www.herlittleloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yoghurt maker really is brilliant - thank you :)

      Delete

Follow